We live in the age of the smartphone, which means that everyone can take photos of pretty much anything they like at a moment's notice. You and the girls will probably take dozens of pics over the course of your hen weekend, and rightly so - it's a special occasion, and one that you'll want to remember forever!
Of course, you don't have to settle for that blurry set of selfies that Loz took with her iPhone after one too many strawberry daiquiris. Even nowadays, when every girl has a camera in her handbag, most people still hire a professional photographer for the wedding day...so why not do the same for your hen do?
A hen party photoshoot
is a superb hen activity that - in addition to being a great laugh - will ensure that you have some top-quality snaps of the 2nd best day of your life. Here's what you'll get when you book a photoshoot with Entertain-Ment:
- A professional photographer
- Makeovers from trained stylists and make-up artists
- A mix of group shots and individual photographs
- Loads of fun props
If you like, you can even invite one of our hunky butlers
along to join in with the fun!
A good hen party needs good hen party games. We've already shared a few ideas
with you on the Entertain-Ment blog, but today, we've got another great one to add to the list. It's called Don't Say It!
and it's sure to have everyone in fits of giggles when you play it on your hen do.
Don't Say It!
A hen party game for any number of players
The aim of this game is to go for as long as you can without saying certain 'banned' words and phrases. Every time you utter any of the taboo words, you have to pay a penalty - will YOU be able to hold your tongue for the whole hen night?
How to play:
- Before the party gets started, sit down with your hens and come up with a list of words/phrases that are likely to be spoken frequently over the course of the hen do. See below for a few suggestions - your list can be as long or as short as you please, though we recommend aiming for 5-10 terms.
- Give everyone a copy of the list so that nobody can use ignorance as an excuse.
- Once the hen party has begun, all words and phrases on your list are strictly banned.
- If anyone is caught saying a banned word/phrase at ANY point during the hen night, they must perform a forfeit. The specifics are up to you; Don't Say It! makes a great drinking game (take a drink every time you break the rules), but you may prefer to up the stakes and dole out an embarrassing dare for every taboo word.
- If you're one of those competitive people who thinks that every game needs a winner, you may wish to keep score. Make a list of everyone at the party, and when somebody says a banned phrase, cross their name off the list. Anyone who manages to stay on the list until the end of the night should get a special prize...or perhaps an extra-nasty punishment for being such a goody two-shoes!
Suggested Words & Phrases:
This game works best if the banned terms are almost impossible to avoid saying in a hen night scenario. Here are some of the best we could think of - feel free to make up your own!
- The name of the groom
- "Married" (and/or "Marriage")
- "Pub" or "Bar"
- "Church" (or, if it's not a church wedding, the name of the venue where the ceremony will take place)