So you've decided to head North for your stag weekend and spend a few nights in the Scottish capital? Excellent choice, sir - Edinburgh is a fabulous city with a rich culture and plenty of places to party!
Here, then, are 4 top ideas for your Edinburgh stag do...
1. A Nice Round of Golf
Scotland is the home of golf, and no matter where in Edinburgh you find yourself, there's bound to be a course nearby. Swinging some clubs with the lads is a great way to chill out and have fun while you wait for the real
clubs to open, and if you want to make your stag party golf tour extra special, you can always bring a couple of Gold Caddie Girls
along for the ride.
2. Camera Obscura and World of Illusions
If you want to visit a couple of cool local attractions during your stay in Edinburgh, the city's famous Camera Obscura
is the place to start. You'll learn all about the city, and you'll also get to check out the many weird and wonderful exhibits in the World of Illusions! One tip, though: don't go through the Vortex Tunnel (pictured above) if you're still feeling a little queasy from the night before.
3. The Scotch Whisky Experience
Scotland is synonymous with whisky (be sure to spell it without the 'e'!), and no trip to Edinburgh is complete without a jaunt to The Scotch Whisky Experience
. The guided tour will give you and the boys some great insight into the whisky-making process, and you'll even have the chance to sample some of the best scotch in the world! Of course, if you're more of a beer man, you could always try one of our Beer Tasting Classes
4. Hire a Stripper!
Of course, an Edinburgh stag do is still a stag do, and not everything
you do has to be rich with local culture! Entertain-Ment supply female strippers
to stag parties throughout the UK, and we'd be more than happy to send a couple of strippers up to Edinburgh for your viewing pleasure!
What do you want from you hen do? You want to be a lot of fun, obviously, and you want all of your best friends to be there with you. But let's talk activities - are you happy to stick with the usual, bog-standard bachelorette party fare? Or do you want something a little more...unique?
There are dozens of different options for hen party planners nowadays, so there's no need to despair if strippers and willy-shaped accessories don't appeal to you. Here, for your inspiration, are 3 hen do ideas
that are slightly out of the ordinary:
Why pay through the nose for conveyor belt sushi when you could learn to make your own? If you and your bridesmaids are big fans of Japanese cuisine, this activity is sure to satisfy your hen party hunger!
You probably associate the word 'tantric' with Sting and his marathon sex sessions, but that's not quite what this activity is all about. It's actually a full body relaxation session that will leave you completely de-stressed and help you to get back in touch with your sensual side!
And if becoming a dominatrix sounds a little too extreme for your tastes, you can always try something a little more traditional. Macarons - those little French meringue things - are cute, tasty, and fun to make, especially when you're learning with your BFFs!
So you want to know what men get up to at stag parties? In this guest blog post, the lads from StagStuff.co.uk reveal all...
Perhaps you're worried about what your future hubby will be doing on his last night as an unmarried man; on the other hand, perhaps you're said hubby, and you want to know what you're in for. Either way, you're curious about stag parties and what they entail, and we're more than qualified to tell all. If you're ready to learn the unvarnished truth, step right this way and get ready for a serious eye-opener!
- There might be strippers. Let's pull off this plaster right away: yes, stag night strippers are a thing. You can even book one right now if you're so inclined. If you're determined to keep your night (or your fiancé's night) nudity-free, have a heart-to-heart with the best man and let him know that, whatever else he might organise, you absolutely don't want any strippers.
- Saucy stag night fun doesn't stop with strippers. If you are ruling strippers out of the stag party proceedings, you may also want to explicitly forbid topless waitresses, pole dancers, mud wrestlers and beer wenches. None of them are strippers, technically speaking, but none of them will exactly be dressed like nuns, either.
- Embarrassment? Par for the course. If you're the dashing bridegroom in this hypothetical stag night we're sketching out, you may want to brace yourself for some blushes. Humiliation is often considered to be a key element of a successful bachelor party, and more often than not, the man of the hour will be the prime target. We can't tell you exactly what to expect, but we can give you some common examples: think overweight strippers, dwarfs with handcuffs, and forced cross-dressing.
- There are other options. There's no rulebook for stag nights, and just because all the other grooms-to-be are handcuffing themselves to strangers and watching women undress, there's nothing to say that you have to do the same. A stag do can be whatever you make of it, and if the usual fare isn't for you, there are plenty of other options - why not spend the day learning about beer or making your own aftershave?
If you don't feel like a stag night expert yet, head over to the StagStuff
website for additional ideas, inspiration, and harbingers of bachelor party doom!
So, you want to have a joint hen and stag party?
Good for you! 'Hag' parties are becoming quite commonplace nowadays, and if you and your betrothed are friends with all the same people, divvying them up by gender and heading off for two separate adventures may seem like a pretty daft thing to do.
Joint parties are particularly popular within unevenly-gendered friendship groups. For example, if the bride and groom have twelve male friends and only four female friends, it's not fair to take away two thirds of the bride's entourage and send them away for a legendary lads' weekend with the groom, dooming her to something far more low-key.
So a hag party it is, then! Forget about splitting everyone up - book a venue, plan some activities, and invite EVERYONE to join in the fun!
Joint Hen & Stag Do Ideas
Now that you've settled on a joint do, it's time to decide how you're going to spend it. It should go without saying that some 'traditional' forms of hen/stag entertainment are inappropriate for a unisex event; for example, the groom may not appreciate being waited upon by a buff butler, just as the average bride probably wouldn't want any topless waitresses on the guest list.
Of course, it's not unheard of for couples to attend strip clubs together - you may even wish to end your joint party by receiving a 'couple's dance' from a sexy stripper
. By and large, though, it's better to stick to slightly less risqué activities - here are some ideas:
Pretty much everybody - male, female, whatever - loves chocolate. A chocolate-making class is a great activity for any combination of people; not only will you get to fill your faces with tasty treats, you'll actually learn how to make those treats yourself. Trust us, chocolate tastes even better when you're eating your own work!
Like chocolate, live comedy is a pastime that knows no gender. If you and your pals love to laugh, why not hire a professional stand-up and get them to entertain the lot of you while you drink yourselves stupid?
Speaking of which...
If you're going to spend your bachelor(ette) party guzzling down vino, you may as well learn to do it properly. It may seem like the sort of thing that only middle-aged, middle-class people do, but don't worry - you don't need a pair of red trousers to enjoy the finer aspects of red wine!